The ORCA 2022 National Convention and Show will be held in historic downtown Frankfort, KY from September 21 – 24 at the Capital Plaza Hotel. The hotel is at the base of Fort Hill, a Civil War Historic Site. 4 museums are within walking distance. Buffalo Trace Distillery (#1 visited distillery in KY) is a few blocks from the hotel on the beautiful KY River. Registration for ORCA members is $35. ORCA membership ($40 for non-members) is required to attend the show events on Wednesday – Friday. The public may attend the Saturday Show only for $10. ORCA members may display an educational exhibit for no charge on tables. Show/Sale tables are $25 per table. All tables are 6’ long and include a cloth and chair. Setup begins late afternoon on Wednesday.
The Capital Plaza Hotel 502-227-5100
405 Wilkinson Boulevard, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
$119/night includes breakfast
Ask for the ORCA rate, Group Code 4740
This is the premier antique fishing reel show in the USA, with dozens of special educational reel exhibits and lots of fishing reels and tackle for sale. You will see fishing reels made in Kentucky and rare reels from all over the world. If you can attend one show this year, come to this event. Register Online
Show Events and activities include:
- Wine, Bourbon & Reels Social will be held Wednesday evening. Bring an interesting reel to share with members
- Buy, sell and trade old fishing reels
- Silent Auction held throughout the show
- Educational Reel Exhibits and Displays
- Fishing with Antique Tackle Contest will be held on the iconic Elkhorn Creek where James A Henshall fished
- Antique Tackle Tournament Casting Competition
- Hear experts on Fishing Reels and KY History
- Book signing event for A Brief History of Baitcasting, Bass Fishing, and the Kentucky Reel by Bill Hinkebein and Art Lander.
- Annual Friday evening Banquet featuring show and contest awards and historic speaker
- Tour the new and interactive exhibit – “Crafting and Casting: The Famed Frankfort KY Reels” at the newly renovated Capital City Museum
- Walk to museums: The Old State Capitol, The KY History Center, The Capital City Museum and the KY Military Museum
- Take a walking tour to the homes of all the Frankfort Reel Makers and visit their graves
Tours for spouses and family will be available
Frankfort is the center of the Bourbon Trail and within 30 minutes of the famous horse farms and the largest Toyota assembly plant in the world (a very popular tour). A town rich in history, the beautiful State Capitol building is in a park-like setting just a 20 minute walk across the Kentucky River – a must-see!
For more information: www.visitfrankfort.com