The May 2019 Reel News has been published and is on the way to ORCA members. Bearing in mind that the ORCA Annual Convention is being hosted by Zebco just weeks from now in Tulsa, here are some of the topics covered:
- The birth of Zebco and the first 10 years, written by Dick Braun and David Lehmann
- The New Member spotlight, written by Betty Barr introduces a Zebco fan.
- An article on Harrison Salt Water Fly Reels produced in Florida during the 1980’s emphasizes the high quality the maker strived to achieve.
- Roger Shultz writes about the “gentleman” tackle maker and surf angler ’Gus’ Meisselbach.
- Dr. Todd Larsen discusses various reel yardage markings and theorizes about the rationale behind the numbers used.
- A summary of the online Reel Talk forum discussion about Mike Nogay’s collection of the earliest ORVIS fly reels.
- David Lehmann’s analysis of Empire City tackle reveals a fascinating web of American reel makers and retailers in the early 1900’s.
- Considering the amount of money many people spend every year at their local coffee shop, membership in ORCA and the Reel News subscription that comes with it is an incomparable bargain! So Join Today.